Contacting JMU OTCES & Scheduling an Appointment:
If you are interested in learning more about our services, you can either contact us by phone or email, or by filling out the online form below. Once your message is received, an occupational therapist from the clinic will return your message within 24 business hours. The staff member will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding our services.
Your First Visit:
We thank you for choosing JMU OTCES and we look forward to working with you and your family. To assist you with your initial visit, you may refer to the Getting Started Checklist. As always, please contact us if you have any questions or need additional assistance. Please provide the following documentation before your first appointment:
- Physician’s order
- Insurance information
- Insurance card, front and back
- Prior to your first appointment, please contact your insurance carrier to determine benefits.
- Completion of OTCES Intake Form and other forms below. Please let us know if you would prefer for it to be mailed to you.
- Therapy Evaluations
- Any additional educational and/or medical records that will assist us in providing the best possible care for your child.
At the beginning of your initial scheduled appointment, you will meet with a staff member to complete any additional paperwork. A JMU OTCES staff member will then spend time with both the child and the caregiver. Based upon the documentation provided, the staff member’s assessment, and caregiver input, goals will be established, and a follow-up appointment will be scheduled.
Although Harrisonburg and JMU can be very busy at times, you won’t have to worry about parking when visiting JMU OTCES. Parking is available in the side gravel lot of the building. Spaces are indicated with signs for OTCES visitors.
Payment for Services:
The goal of OTCES has been to gain provider status with multiple insurance providers and bill insurance for services received. At present, we have acquired provider status for the following insurance providers:
- Anthem BCBS
- Anthem HealthKeepers
- United Health Care
- United Complete Care
- Sentara Health Plans
Services that are provided to individuals covered by the providers with whom OTCES has provider status with will be billed directly through OTCES. If your child is not covered by these insurance providers, a statement will be provided to you for payment and you can submit the bill directly to your insurance provider for reimbursement. Our goal is to make services accessible to as many families as possible. We will continue to work with each individual family to provide options for payment as needed.
**It is not guaranteed that services will be covered by insurance. All non-covered services, co-pays, and deductibles must be paid by the individual.
All forms listed are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format
- Getting Started Checklist (a guide to prepare for your initial visit to OTCES)
- Recommended Questions for Determining Benefits
- Description of Services and Fee Schedule
- Clinic Policies & Procedures
- Notice of Privacy Practices (Read only; no signature required)
- OT Intake form
- Face Sheet
- Emergency Form
- Consent for Services
- Documentation of Receipt of Privacy Practices
- Release of Information